Accident in a Public Place

Slips, trips and falls can occur almost anywhere. In a public place there is a duty of care owed to everyone using that place to maintain the area in safe manner.

What are common Accidentsin Public Places Claims?

  • Slips on wet supermarket floors
  • Trips on poorly maintained footpaths
  • Trips over manhole covers
  • Accidents in pubs and bars
  • Accidents in hotels
  • Accidents in shopping centres
  • Flight Accidents

What Should You Do After suffering an Injuryin a Public Place?

  • Seek medical attention as soon as possible
  • Document the accident. Take photos and notes of how and where the accident happened.
  • Take details of any witnesses who saw the accident. Check if there is CCTV footage which may have recorded the accident and ask for a copy of the recording.
  • Report the incident to the person responsible for the area where the injury happened. For footpaths and manhole covers this is often the responsibility of your local Council.
  • Contact a specialist workplace accidentsolicitor for advice

Geniune legal advice for genuinely injured people

Just Leave Your Details and We'll Contact You

Can I make a Claim myself without a Specialist Personal Injury Solicitor?

Yes you can make a claim through the Injuries Board yourself. However, the person you are claiming against (who will often be an Insurance Company rather than your employer) is under no obligation to advise you on whether any offer or award is a fair reflection on what you are entitled to as a claim for pain and suffering as well as your medical expenses and loss of earnings. A specialist workplace accidentsolicitor will be able to help guide you on what you are entitled to receive.

How long do I have to make a Public Place Accident claim?

You need to make claim within two years of the accident. However, you need to notify the person you are claiming against within one month of the accident.

Contact US Contact US